Thursday, February 02, 2017

This week's lesson (January 28 - February 3): the baptism and filling of the Holy Spirit

Going through my wallet this week, I found a gift-card -- one that:
  • I'd been given last Christmas,
  • Tucked-away for safe-keeping, 
  • And promptly forgotten.
But now that I've found it -- or rather, now that I've discovered I had it all along -- I get to use it. Enjoy it. Find out what it can do.
In much the same way, God gives us His Spirit -- and the key word, remember, is "give." It's not something we earn, in other words; we don't get it because we've been extraordinarily nice.
No, God's Spirit is free.
It's a gift.
And if you're a Christian, then you've already got it -- the same as I already had that that gift-card last I got last Christmas.
So now that you've got it . . . 
Why not use it?
Enjoy it?
Find out what He can do?
You don't need to "get" the Spirit, in other words.
No, you need to remember what you've already got.

No comments: