Sunday, October 12, 2014

This week's lesson (October 11-17): enduring temptation

When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed -- James 1:13f, NIV
I can explain.

And yes, I've made some "mistakes" -- but you need to understand that everything I've done wrong was not really my fault.

No, it was all the result of low blood sugar.

Or society.

Or maybe it was the neighbor's dog -- but at any rate, there's a perfectly logical explanation for everything I've done . . .

And once you've heard my explanation, then I'm sure you'd agree that it clears me of any guilt or blame.

Really.

You don't believe me?

Why not?

Granted, my excuses for my sins may not seem all that believable to you . . .

But how do they differ from your own?

No comments: