Monday, March 08, 2010

Odds & Ends


  • I've been known to mutter that people who buy Apple Computers have joined a religious cult. "You buy a Mac," I'd say, "and the next thing you know, they have you out on a street corner selling carnations." These remarks were grossly unfair and unkind, of course . . . so as a gesture of peace, I am running a video about Apple computers from the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theater.
  • We had gorgeous weather on Sabbath -- but a cold-front blew through on Saturday night, and took away all our warmth.
  • On average, American adults in 1820 drank one cup of whiskey every day -- roughly five times today's consumption. (Now you know why the Temperance movement got started!)
  • My schedule has changed enough that I won't be able to post anything on Sundays for some time to come. So . . . expect a post of "odds and ends" on Mondays, and a reflection on the Sabbath School lesson every Thursday. 
  • And I'll close with this quote: "Just because you can't do anything doesn't mean you're doing the wrong thing."

    No comments: