Sunday, February 28, 2010

Odds & Ends

  • It's raining . . . now the sun has come out . . . now it's raining again. Oh well -- at least our camelias are in bloom.
  • Fox Conner's Three Rules of War for a Democracy are also pretty good advice for a pastor: 1) Never fight unless you have to. 2) Never fight alone. 3) Never fight for a long time.
  • When it comes to small groups and house churches, keep in mind that "flexible" easily morphs into "unstable." Just saying.
  • Looking for something to do? Go to Charity Navigator, and look up the salaries of people who work for non-profit agencies.
  • And I'll close with this quote: "The best of all prayers is: 'Bless them; change me.' "

2 comments:

Bill Cork said...

Hi Greg; Glad to hear you're enjoying Jeff's "History of Heaven." He was a good friend of mine when I was a campus minister at UCSB.

Anonymous said...

I like your quote a lot. I find that most of the time I am the one who needs to change. And I am the only one that I can change.