Saturday, November 14, 2009

Odds & Ends

  • I'm back in Lincoln City. The thunderstorms have moved on. And I'll be spending most of Sunday at a local swim meet as the announcer. (It's a legacy of my eldest daughter's time on the swim team.)
  • One of the neatest Bible-study sites I've found is Biblos. Not only does it make it easier for me to check out a text in the original language, but I love the maps!
  • Why is it that some of the most innovative pastors I know -- the ones who pride themselves on being at the "cutting-edge of ministry -- are also some of the angriest pastors I know? Is it anger that drives their desire for change . . . does the anger result from the way people react to the changes they've made . . . or am I just imagining the whole thing?
  • And I'll close with this quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "You can never do a kindness too soon, because you never know when it will be too late."

No comments: