Saturday, November 07, 2009

Odds & Ends

  • We've had lots and lots of thunderstorms these past few days, and a tornado touched down last night in the north end of town and damaged 30 homes. (No injuries though.)
  • I've started sending my sermons to myself as a Gmail attachment -- that way, I've a copy out there in "the cloud" in case the hard drive on my computer crashes. (But you're doing this already, right?)
  • I'm making a list of books I should read in 2010 -- any ideas out there?
  • Ever notice how popular military metaphors can be in the ministry? We talk of campaigns, crusades, prayer-warriors, front-lines -- and even "life in the trenches." How would our concept of ministry change if we used metaphors drawn from gardening or cooking?
  • I'll be at Walla Walla University this week for the Andrews University intensive on I & II Peter . . . so if you don't here from me, it's because I wasn't able to find a place with free wi-fi.
  • And I'll close with this quote from Peter Drucker: "People who don't take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year."

No comments: