Sunday, September 06, 2009

Odds & Ends

  • Friday, it rained. Sabbath, it cleared off and we had beautiful weather for a baptism down at the lake. Today, it's raining again. I love coincidences like that.
  • Something I learned this week: if somebody rents our church's building for a wedding, I need to jot down their check's number and date on the rental agreement; this makes it easier for the treasurer to go back later and verify the fee was paid.
  • Speaking of vehicle safety: if it's a weekend and you're out on the road between 10 PM and 3 AM, an average of one out of every six cars you pass is driven by someone who's been drinking. And no, they're not all drunk -- but they do account for nearly four out of five fatal accidents. (h/t to Brainac.)
  • Over the last week, this site got about as much traffic as it usually does . . . but the source of that traffic has changed, i.e. Washington has dropped off the map, Colorado is becoming a hot spot, and I'm getting a lot of hits from Portland -- not to mention my first visitor from Montana!
  • And I'll close with this quote from Carlos Fuentes: "Don't let yourself be dazzled by a single idea. It is [your] obligation, in the name of the simple people of the world, to be complicated."

1 comment:

richies said...

I love those coincidences also. My Mom calls them "God things".

An Arkies Musings