Okay, maybe it won't be that bad -- but there's no question baby-boomers are drinking more than the generation before them. And in an article in The Los Angeles Times, Melissa Healy reports the following statistics on binge-drinking (i.e. consuming five or more servings of alcohol at one sitting.
- College students who binge-drink: 41.7%
- Men between the ages of 50 and 64 who binge-drink: 23%
- Women between the ages of 50 and 64 who binge-drink: 9%
- Men age 65 and older who binge-drink: 14%
- Women age 65 and older who binge-drink: 3%
- Baby-boomers whose drinking "exceeds moderation": 67%