Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I'm back!

  • I'm back from a week of camping down by Eugene, Oregon -- no computer, no phone, beautiful weather, and lots of books. Bliss.
  • And given the fact that summer has finally arrived on the Oregon Coast, I will be spending more time outside -- and less time writing this blog. I plan to post an essay on Sundays, an "odds & ends" column on Tuesdays, and on Thursdays I'll do a brief commentary on the Sabbath School lesson. (And yes, I do take requests . . . so let me know if there's a topic you'd like me to write about.)
  • Not surprisingly, traffic was down this past week . . . except in Oregon, where I got twice the visitors I usually do from this state. What does this suggest?
  • And I'll close with this quote from Linton Brooks, former director of the National Nuclear Security Administration: "When problems occur, the one thing you can almost always be certain of is that your initial understanding is wrong."

No comments: