Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday's Odds & Ends

  • One week of school to go – and usually, all of the students in the two high school Bible classes that I teach have mentally “checked out” by now. This week, however, they actually buckled down and started working harder. Must be the economy.
  • Just about every church for which I've ever interviewed has said it's looking for the same three things: a committed Christian who's a great preacher and good with youth. The first two make sense – but why does the third always come up? Why not "good with senior citizens," or "good with singles"?
  • And I'll close with this quote from Paul Farmer: "I have fought the long defeat and brought others on to fight the long defeat, and I'm not going to stop just because we keep losing. Now I actually think sometimes we may win."

No comments: