Thursday, January 15, 2009

Review: Made to Stick

Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die.
Chip & Dan Heath ($25 -- $16.50 from Amazon).


I knew I was in trouble when a church member asked what I'd preached on last week . . . and I did not know.

That's why I read Made to Stick. It's an easy-reading guide to giving speeches, writing article, and giving sermons that people will actually remember.

And yes, the Heath brothers practice what they preach. The book is a fun read, with lots of examples, and lots of acronyms to help you remember what they said.

Just the chapter on the three kinds of stories to use for illustrations is worth the price of this book. So buy it -- if my experience is any guide, it will be the best book on preaching that you read this year!

No comments: