And so is the Holy Spirit.
Way back in Genesis 1, remember, the Spirit "brooded" over the chaos of creation, much like a contractor mulls over an especially difficult job-site. And with that done, the Spirit rolls-up its sleeves and gets to work.
- On the first three days, it creates homes for everything.
- On the second three days, it creates everything that's going to live in those homes.
- And with that job done, the Spirit now had a place for everything, with everything in its place.
- First, the Spirit creates a home for all of God's people: the church.
- Then the Spirit creates the people who live in that home: church-members.
- And when it's work is finally done, the Spirit will have a place for all of God's people, with all of God's people in His place . . .
No, we're living on a construction-site.
And God's Holy Spirit is still on the job.